With the advancement in technology, there is an increase of threats, frauds, viruses, malware, and Trojan, which can hack your confidential data, bank account details, files and online browsing. As the proverb goes ‘prevention, is better than cure’ so the users are urged to bring their devices under total protection shield which is cheaper and convenient and gets compatible with almost all the devices and platforms like McAfee internet security software.
Mobile phones are becoming an easy target to get hacked by the infected and deceived apps, which not only hacks your personal data but also your account details, monitor your online activity. McAfee has come up with the new product McAfee Mobile Security for Android to help us with all these headaches.
McAfee Mobile Security for Android works brilliantly and McAfee offers both paid as well as the trial version to its valuable users. Sometimes, after you have upgraded your subscription for McAfee Mobile Security software for your Android phone, you may receive the message to upgrade to a paid version of McAfee Mobile Security on your phone. You must be wondering how come they are showing such when you have already upgraded.
The main reason behind such messages is that you have accidentally activated to trial subscription, instead of paid subscription of McAfee Mobile Security Software. Check out the steps to get back to the paid subscription from the trial subscription-
Please note – The steps of McAfee activate may varies, according to the upgradation of Android phones
- Reset McAfee Mobile Security.
- You need to check Android phone is ready to perform the task.
- Open the Android phone’s ‘Settings’ section.
- Click on the ‘Apps’ (according to your Android phone, you’re having)
- Select the app ‘McAfee Mobile Security’
- You need to scroll down to the option ‘Launch by default’
- Click on the option ‘Clear Data’ (or ‘Clear defaults)
- Resend the subscription of McAfee Mobile Security link.
- Visit McAfee website on your web browser.
- Select the option ‘McAfee My Account’ page.
- After the opening of the page, log-in with the correct email address and password.
- Click on the option ‘My Account’ followed by ‘ Subscription’
- Select the ‘Add Device’ option then go for selecting ‘Mobile Device’ icon.
- Click on the ‘Send Link’ option, then select the device type and the subscription you wanted to install.
- Select the ‘Next’ option.
- Click on the option ‘Text it’ or ‘Email it’, depends up to you how you wanted to receive the activation code.
- Enter your correct email address or phone number, then click ‘Text me’ or ‘Send email’ option.
- Have patience! To receive the McAfee Activation Code.
- Activate McAfee Mobile Security.
- Open the McAfee Mobile Security on your Android phone.
- Select the ‘User’ icon on the top right of the screen, followed by ‘Got an activation code’.
- Enter the activation code which you received and wait for it to get complete.
- When asked to create a six-digit PIN, type the PIN of your choice. Select the option ‘Ok’.
- Select the ‘Orange circle’ at the top right of the screen.
- Click on the option ‘Set your security question’ then type the six-digit PIN which you created.
- Go for selecting the two questions and put the answer to each. Select the option ‘Save’.
- Click on the option ‘Activate Uninstall Protection’
- Select the option ‘Activate’ followed by ‘Finish’.
Smith Watson has been in the digital marketing industry for over a decade. Being a tech savvy by heart, he never misses even a single update happening around in the world of technology. Additionally, he also loves share his technical knowledge by providing his readers guidance and solutions of various issues associated with Norton antivirus, Panda antivirus, Pogo games, Windows operating system and other technical stuff.