Google mailing service, Gmail, contains a new feature for Android and iOS platforms. It is introduced in the inbox of Gmail. The Smart Replies works by scanning the emails you are receiving and displays the set replies which you would like to give. These replies are “I’ll be there,” “Thanks, I’ll give you a response” and “Sorry, I can’t make it.” These replies are already formulated to make Gmail more convenient suggesting you to send by selecting one of them.
But these suggestions are hardly useful as the user is developing their reply instead of tapping on them; it is good to disable the feature from Gmail. Another factor that will lead you to disable the feature is that Google scans the emails in your Inbox and generates the suggestions. If you don’t want Google to scan your emails then disabling would be right decision to make.
McAfee Antivirus keep safe your devices from viruses and the latest online threats from infecting Install via www.mcafee.com/activate.
As the feature is only made available for handsets running on Android and iOS, the process of disabling the feature is not much complex. All you need to have is the Gmail app in your device. If you don’t have the idea to disable the feature, then don’t worry. Follow the steps mentioned below to disable the Smart Replies feature from your Gmail.
How to turn off Gmail Smart Replies
- Launch the Gmail app in your handsets.
- Tap the hamburger icon from the left corner of the app.
- Scroll down to the Settings
- Tap Settings to open the menu.
- If you have multiple accounts attached to your Gmail app, then select one account for which you want to disable the feature.
- Tap General and move to Smart Reply.
- Now, you will see an option saying Show suggested replies when available.
- Uncheck the box and repeat the method for all other Gmail accounts if associated with the app.
If you think that Google will stop scanning your emails after disabling the Smart Replies feature, you might be thinking wrong. Google will keep scanning through its users’ emails to protect them from cyber attacks and spam.