One of the most trusted antivirus software products available in the market, McAfee provides comprehensive device security. While installing and configuring the product takes not much of a time and can be done without the need to reboot your system, there has been complaints by some user. When these users installed the antivirus from www.mcafee.com/activate, the error 12002 occurs. This error is a very common error that occurs during installation. Let’s us take a look at its causes and resolution.
Causes of McAfee Antivirus Error 12002
The most common causes of McAfee Antivirus error 12002 are:
- Incomplete installation of the software
- Operating system compatibility issues
- Corrupt window setup files
- Muddled windows registry
- Windows system files have been corrupted by Malware, Spyware or Trojan
- Wrong configuration of system settings
Procedure to fix the McAfee Antivirus Error 12002
The procedure to fix the issues involves very simple steps that won’t take much time. Just follow the steps in the given sequence:
- Repair the windows registries which are associated with the error.
- Perform a Malware check on your device.
- Clean all the junk files including the temporary files. Use the “disk cleanup” to perform the action.
- Update all the drivers on your system.
- Undo the changes made in the system using Windows System Restore function.
- Remove all the components of McAfee antivirus with the MCPR tool after uninstallation of the software.
- Check for any missing component of McAfee antivirus with Windows System file checker.
- Click on “sfc /scan now”option to scan the Windows.
- Reinstall the McAfee antivirus latest version.
These steps should help you get rid of the error 12002. But if the problem persists, it is advisable that you contact the McAfee helpline. A certified technician will respond and provide you with the best possible solution immediately. Hope the article was informative!