Developed by the popular American multinational technology company, Apple, FaceTime is an efficient application that enables real-time voice over internet protocol on Mac and iPhone. With seamless integration on different iOS devices (Mac, iPad, and iPhone), the application helps you connect to the Apple products’ users and conduct video conferences. To access this application on iPhone, you need to first buy it from the Apple Store and then dial the phone number of the person you want to connect with. Accessing this application on other devices may vary according to the type of device.
Steps for using FaceTime on Mac OS X:
- Open the Apple App Store.
- Look up FaceTime.
- Follow the directions given on the screen and install FaceTime.
- After that, go to Applications.
- Click on FaceTime to open it.
- Now, you will have to sign in with your AppleID. After signing in, your FaceTime will get activated.
- Enter your Apple ID and password. Click on the Sign In button.
- Click on the Forgot Apple ID or password link if you cannot log in.
- Now, from the FaceTime screen, go to Contacts. It is located at the lower righthand side of the screen.
- Now, just click on the name of a contact from the list.
- If the account you want to FaceTime with is not on the list, then click on the plus icon in the search bar and enter a name, email, or contact number.
- Click on the contact and the app will start connecting the call to the contact.
- When the contact accepts the call, the FaceTime video call shall commence.
- You can enlarge the screen, mute your microphone, or end the call.
To protect your devices from malware and threats, install McAfee antivirus via McAfee.com/Activate
Troubleshoot for FaceTime issues
- Open Facetime.
- Now, choose Preferences.
- Check if the email status shown is verified or not.
- You have to verify the email in order to use FaceTime.
- When the email status shows verifying, you need to sign in to the email.
- Open the verification message sent by Apple and follow the process given to complete the email verification process.
- If your FaceTime is not working or if it is not getting activated, then just turn it off. Wait for a few seconds before turning it back on. To do so, you have to go to Preferences.
- Now, you must see if the time and date on your Mac is correct or not. Update your day and time. To do so, go to Apple Menu. Click on System Preferences. Go to Date and Time, and then choose Date and Time. Now, choose Set automatically, and go to Time Zone. Check whether the time zone is right.
- Now just check if your FaceTime is updated to the most recent version. Follow the steps given below to do so:
- Go to Apple logo. Click on the App Store.
- In the App Store screen, select Updates.
- Now, choose the button for installing any available updates from Apple.
- If any updates are available for the app, they will get downloaded and installed on the Mac.