At times, it can be very convenient to get the information about where the photo was clicked by going through the location metadata. But in several instances, you may not even be aware that the complete web can find out where you clicked a specific picture. If you are a parent, then you may not want others to know about your child’s location while posting their pictures on Facebook. If you wish to sell something on the web, then you must remove location metadata from the item’s image or else you can become a victim of theft. Also, if you have posted on your social media about vacationing in Paris, while you are, in reality, just chilling in a park, you should remove GPS data from the photos to save your face.
Install McAfee Antivirus to keep safe our devices from all online threats via McAfee.com/activate.
In order to remove location data from pictures on your iPhone or iPad, you need to install an application called Koredoko. This app is entirely free, and you can find it in the Apple App Store.
- Install the Koredoko application.
- Tap on Koredoko icon and then let it access the photos.
- When you get prompted to turn on the extension, select Enable extension now.
- After that, tap on the four horizontal lines button located in the lower left side of the screen.
- Now you can locate the image for which you wish to remove location data.
- After locating the picture, hit the azure i button, located next to the picture on the right side, to see the location information.
- Now, hit the Share Sheet button located on the top right side of the screen.
- Choose Share without Metadata from the list.
- Now, you can share the picture however you want.
Removing EXIF information on Windows
Windows OS comes with an in-built powerful metadata editor which allows users to check or remove location information from pictures swiftly. Here are the steps:
- Open the folder which contains the picture for which you wish to remove EXIF information.
- Right-click on the picture.
- Select Properties from the pop-out menu.
- Go to the Details tab.
- Select Remove Properties and Personal Information.
- Now, select Create a copy with all possible properties removed.
- Now, a copy of the image will be made, and it will not have any location information.
- You may also remove metadata by selecting Remove the following properties from this file.
- Hit the OK button.
Removing EXIF information on Android
In order to remove location information from your photos in your Android device, you need to download and install a third-party app.
- Go to the Google Play store and install EXIF Eraser.
- Launch the app when it is installed.
- Go to Select Image and Remove EXIF.
- Now, browse through the pictures and choose the picture.
- Now, you will be able to see what location information the picture has.
- Now, to remove it, hit the OK button.